- Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on and after the Effective Date. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by e-mail sent to the address associated with your Service account and/or through the Service the next time you login. We will treat your continued use of the Service following such notice as your acceptance of the changes. However, we will seek your affirmative consent prior to applying any material change to this Policy on how we use or disclose personally identifiable information to information we collected or received prior to the date of the change.
- Third Parties. We may offer through the Service or send to users links to or offers from third parties. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request such third parties to provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before participating or making a purchase.
- Collected Information
Information You Submit. When you create an account with the Service, we collect the personally identifiable information you provide in the registration form, such as your name and contact information. The Service also lets you review the property where you live, so posting such a review means that your address will be collected and visible to other users.
Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you, and this information can be associated with the personally identifiable information that you provide. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Service, and server log data such as a computer’s IP address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website. If you e-mail or call a listing provider using the e-mail address or phone number in the listing or the messaging functionality of the Service, we may receive information that you have contacted the listing provider.
- Use & Disclosure of Information
We internally use the information we maintain about you as follows:
- We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information including, for example, to create and maintain a Service account for you or to respond to a question that you may ask us.
- We use submitted information and collected information to provide the Service to you.
- We use submitted information and collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences. This may include highlighting or sending you e-mail regarding listings that we think are more likely to be of interest to you.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Service in order to help us improve the Service and develop and improve other products and services.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, enforce our User Agreement (for example, when necessary to protect our or a third party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights), or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Service.
We use and disclose the information we maintain about you as follows:
- Certain information, including personally identifiable information such as your name and information received through your Social Account, will be disclosed to other Service users as part of your Service profile. You can see this information by viewing your own profile.
- When you post a review of a property, including your place of residence, that review will be visible to all other users of the Service. This means that when you post a review of your residence, other users will know where you live.
- When you view a listing on the service, the person who posted the listing will be able to see that you have viewed the listing.
- If you respond to an offer from a rental property owner or landlord in connection with which you may receive a referral payment or other reward, we will provide your name and contact information to the owner or landlord. If you sign a lease with or move into a rental property in connection with your use of the Service, or undertake some other activity on the Service, in connection with which any other users are eligible to receive a referral payment or reward, such users will know that you have signed the lease, moved in or engaged in the activity.
- If you link a Social Service to your Service account, we will use the information and materials we receive from the Social Service to populate your Service profile, including your name, e-mail address and profile picture. We may also use such information to connect you to your friends and contacts through the Service.
- We may provide you with the ability to share your Service account profile or other information relating to your usage of the Service on a Social Site or other websites or online services. If you choose to engage in such sharing, please be aware that your submission of such information will be subject to the privacy policies and practices of the applicable Social Site, website or online service, and that we cannot control how third parties who access such information may use or disclose it.
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third party partners in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
- We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-identifiable information about our user base and its usage patterns.
- The Company uses contractors and third party service providers to provide the Service to our users. When our contractors or service provider obtain access to your information, they are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Company.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so or in other circumstances when necessary either to protect the rights or property of Company, our users, and third parties.
- Viewing and Amending Information. You can log into your Service account and view and change your user account information at any time, although information that came from your Social Account can only be changed through use of your Social Account.
- Choices Regarding Third Party Offers. To the extent we send you commercial e-mails regarding third party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
- Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
- Transfer As Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Company, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
- Transfer to the U.S. or other Countries. Company is established in and uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
- Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us.